About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Loopey Prediction

We'll ignore Mike Lupica's snide comment about "war-loving" since it's a gratuitous cheap shot (his stock in trade) but I'll track the following prediction anyway:

"If the current Vice President of the United States, the war-loving Richard Cheney, makes it through this year without resigning or being asked to resign because of everything that's going to come out in the Scooter Libby trial, it's going to be a '69-Mets-type miracle."

Here's the curious thing -- plenty has come out to date on the Libby trial (which is being prosecuted on some very thin reeds) -- but what does Lupica -- a hack sports columnist -- know about what is going to come out?

Given the weaselly nature of the prediction, I suspect that Lupica will ask for Cheney's resignation on 31 December. As if anyone will listen.

Stay tuned.



No comments: