About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Little Dinero for Gilberto

In the sports section of today's Washington Times, Tim Lemke wants to know why Gilberto Arenas, the shooting guard for the Washington Wizards, isn't the recipient of lucrative endorsement deals given his elevated play this year.

It comes down to the math of yk/m =45.

Or the 45 times Mr. Arenas will, in a minute's worth of conversation, say "you know."

Everyone is guilty of it from time to time, but with Mr. Arenas it borders on a speech impediment. I heard him being interviewed on the radio and it was painful. You want this guy to pitch your product?

Just for the record, you know, Mr. Lemke doesn't, you know, mention this at all, you know.

No comments: