About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Analysis: Dismal joblessness could hurt Obama

The title actually comes from an actual AP wire report.

Go figure, if a lot of folks are without work -- they may take it out on the President and the party in power.

The fact that anything could politically hurt the President seems to be the real news. In January, he seemed so impervious.

I remember back in the '80's during Reagan's recession and watching the network news. They always seem to end the program with some down on his luck guy -- yet another victim of the recession. Those stories were legion.

I wonder if they still run them nowadays? I wouldn't know since I gave up on network news years ago.

I further wonder if we will see more stories like the referenced one.

No comments: