About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Surging?

So there I am at my local grocery paying way too much for frozen waffles when I notice a new magazine on the rack by the check out. It's called Men's Vogue. I'm thinking this is great as we all need another liberal men's fashion magazine. (And to think that GQ and Esquire didn't have that demographic already lined up -- liberals who want to dress well at ridiculous prices.)

Well it was the cover that got my attention. In a manly pose on the back of an old pickup truck was the one term Senator from North Carolina, John Edwards along with his faithful dog. (Or somebody's dog at least.) But it wasn't the picture that grabbed my attention -- it was the blurb that went along with it. It said something about his "surge in the polls."

OK, what surge? According to the folks over at RCP, Johnny E. is drawing about 12.3% of the Democratic vote with Hillary C. at 30% , B. Obama at 23% , and Al (I'm not running) Gore at 14.5%.

If that's surging, I hate to see how they would describe his candidacy if it was dead in the water. I don't know. I'm too upset about the cost of frozen waffles.




No comments: