About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bias - What Bias? TV Version

Tuesday night I was downtown and the restaurants were packed. (Silly me, I thought that we were in the midst of a neo-depression.) I need to get out more often. However, I was stuck indoors last night.

I checked out the Thursday SNL episode. The opening sketch was the highlight of the show. (That's not saying much -- the remainder of the program consisted of snide comments passing for jokes and the old standby on video -- vomit humor.)

Now the opening bit, with Will Ferrell reprising his "W" impersonation was, well, OK. Of course, it wasn't what they didn't say that was interesting. Nary a joke said about "That One".

Later, Paul Krugman was on the Charlie Rose show on PBS. Since the Nobel Laureate was talking economics, rather than politics, it was utterly fascinating. More fascinating was Rose asking for Dr. Krugman's take on what Obama will (and should) do as President regarding the current economic mess.

(Obviously the show was taped in the future for broadcast last night as there were no questions asked regarding John McCain's reaction to the economic situation.)

Again, I need to get out more.

No comments: