About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Friday, November 07, 2008

Maybe I Missed Something

Joe (the politician) Biden blathered about how on the issue of abortion, well, he wasn't going to be legislating his morality on the American people. (He's personally against it, though.)

OK, it's the same dodge that Mario (my son will have my job one day) Cuomo and John (I can't wait to be the Secretary of State) Kerry have used. (They are mistaken though if they think that circumlocution keeps them in the good graces of the Catholic Church.)

But this is an old issue and I only bring it up because President-elect Barack Obama is opposed to gay marriage on religious grounds.

Whoa did I miss something?

Curiously, nobody is up in arms about this impending theocracy.

But then again, he is a Democrat, so that makes it OK.

No comments: