About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Return of the Children

Is it just me, or does Team Obama's rolling out of the cabinet seem a bit amateurish?

Disregard the personalities for just a moment, but doesn't it seem a bit odd how they are going about the business of selecting cabinet officials for State, Justice, and Homeland Security? What's with all the trial balloons and leaked reports?

My guess is that Team Obama is learning -- the hard way -- that governing and campaigning are two different endeavors.

This isn't atom smashing. You select the best person for the job -- in secret -- and then announce it in a way that it gets optimal coverage.

However, I'm suspecting that you have various factions pushing their candidates and nobody seems to be in charge.

Could this be a harbinger?

UPDATE: Somebody else notices this too.

No comments: