About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Watching the Snow Fall

Thoughts as the snow falls...



I've noticed a few bloggers commenting about Maureen Dowd and Bob Herbert's op-eds in The New York Times. My thought -- do people expect something new from these guys? They've been on auto pilot (e.g., W. is responsible for everything bad) for years. Anthony Lewis made a career out of writing the same thing over and over.



Is is me but is Obama's domestic policy aimed at a foreign audience with a foreign policy aimed at a domestic audience?



Most of the young 'uns that I knew were big on Ron Paul. I guess it's because he wouldn't hand them a ginormous bill (in the form of the ineptly developed "stimulus" bill). Now, all those young folks who supported Obama -- it's time to put your money where your mouth is. Big time.



Bruce Springsteen, John Kerry's troubadour, has a new album out. There was a time when I would find that mildly exciting. However, years ago he decided that his demographic were lefties from the 1960s and 1970s. If his care for the common man was more than just a marketing gimmick, he could have played to packed houses in Iraq and Afghanistan -- even if they weren't the desired demographic. Then again, there's no money in that.



The New York sportswriters and talking heads ought to throw Joe Torre a party. His book, which I'm unsure if anyone has read yet, has caused plenty of ink to be spilled in what is the 7 lean weeks of New York sports. It was scary -- sportswriters would have to learned what constitutes "icing" in hockey and other arcana.



What happens if Blago is impeached but later not found guilty?

No comments: