About Me

"Talk," she commanded, standing in front of me. "Who, what and why?" "I'm Percy Maguire," I said, as if this name, which I had thought up, explained everything. Dashiell Hammett, "The Big Knockover"

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Ruminations

Lost in the brouhaha in the White House vs. Rush battle is the fact that George Stephanopoulos participated in daily conference calls with the White House chief of staff and other Clinton-era operatives. Maybe, I'm old school, but I think it was wrong for these events to be held with a network anchor. However, if you do need a media representative, shouldn't they have partnered with Keith Olberman?

Joe Biden convenes secret meetings with a powerful interest group. I'm holding my breath for the Congressional inquiry.

Too bad the White House doesn't have anybody on staff who knows the protocols of dealing with European heads of government. If they did, then Obama's gift to Gordon Brown wouldn't have been so insulting. Further proof that General (Ret'd.) Jones is window dressing.

If Obama is so insistent that we don't torture, why does he insist that Robert Gibbs be his press secretary? C'mon, there are only so many "umh's" a person can tolerate without breaking.

Just when I thought that Joe Biden was the second coming of Dan Quayle, it dawned on me that he's actually the return of Spiro T. Agnew.

Larry King thought he was funny last night when he remarked that those who voted against the stimulus bill hadn't read it either. There's no shame in retirement, Larry.

The jobless crisis claimed another victim this week -- a State Department Russian translator.

UPDATE: Further proof that General Jones is a potted plant.

No comments: